“The right raw materials can… double or triple the protective power of the immune system.”
-Dr. Joel Fuhrman
So I refuse to ever complain about the heat in the summer because this wonderful season is so short lived in Toronto 😦 However, the last few days have been incredibly hot! I truly feel like we are at the peak of the summer right now- end of July. It’s not going to get much hotter than this and we must embrace the heat!!
So I decided to post a very simple recipe that is EXTREMELY delicious and very satisfying if you are craving something sweet. The fruit in this recipe makes the slushy very sweet! The simplicity of this recipe is great because you won’t need to spend much time in the kitchen preparing this.
- 1 watermelon, cut up into chunks (use about 3 cups of watermelon per slushy batch)
- 2 cups of red seedless grapes, washed
- Place about 3 cups of the cut up watermelon into a freezer safe bag and allow to freeze completely over night.
- The next day, take the watermelon out of the freezer and allow to thaw for a couple of mins.
- Place the grapes in the blender and blend on high for about 20 seconds.
- Now add the watermelon in and blend thoroughly (you made to stop the blender and mix up the contents a couple times depending on the strength of your blender).
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
There you have it! Very simple but incredibly refreshing! And very reminiscent of being a child and sipping those slushies from the corner store (except not completely filled with tons of processed sugars and dyes haha).
So drink up and soak in the peak of summer!!