“Never before have we had such a deep and broad range of evidence supporting a whole-food, plant-based diet. Never before have we, as a society, had such a need to promote better lifestyles and optimal nutrition. Never before has our planet, through resource depletion and global warming, needed this shift in diet as much as it does today. Never before has a whole-food, plant-based diet been so easy to implement. Never before has it been so tasty, so convenient, so cheap, and so fulfilling.”
-Dr. Thomas Campbell, “The Campbell Plan”
Okay. I’ll admit it. I am completely obsessed with fruits and vegetables. I am always looking for new ways to put different plants together to get the most healthful and delicious combinations.
Today’s attempt: Mango Lassi. Now as you may remember from my previous Chana Masala post, I am in love with Indian food. I wanted to try making a mango lassi with no dairy and also- make it as nutrient dense as possible so it would be a wonderful drink to have first thing on a Monday morning 🙂
It was very simple and very energizing.
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup plant milk of choice (coconut, cashew, almond, etc)
- 1/4 tsp of garam masala (or use some cinnamon and nutmeg instead)
- half a pod of vanilla, cut open and seeds scrapped out (or a dash of vanilla extract)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (for a little extra boost-optional)
- 1 date, pitted (totally optional, this would make it very sweet. I personally think it’s sweet enough from the mango)
- Add the mango and milk to a blender and blend until the mango is liquified.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend a little longer.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy with a straw 🙂
So it’s that easy- perfect for a quick Monday morning pick-me-up. It’s also fun when you use real vanilla because the little black seed vanilla dots decorate your drink. Take a look:
Simply wonderful. Kick off the week right. Enjoy!!